Shift Mechanical Fitter
£33k-£34k per annum
We have a new opportunity for a Mechanical Fitter with boiler operation experience to join a leading chemical manufacturer. Working within their engineering department, duties will include:
• Operation of a boiler, waste solvent incineration and emissions abatement plant.
• Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work including working with equipment such as gearboxes, pumps, mechanical seals, pipework etc.
• Mechanical plant installation and modification work.
• Statutory inspections - pressure testing, plant integrity and commissioning work.
• The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
• Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Completed a recognised mechanical apprenticeship and educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 3 in Mechanical Fitting/Engineering as a minimum.
• BOAS accreditation preferred or able to obtain this once successful.
• Training and experience with MEWP’s, Abrasive wheels, Welding equipment and Confined Spaces
• The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
Salary is circa £33.9k which includes a shift premium, working 12 hour shifts, 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off. The company can provide excellent benefits and opportunities for training and development.